The Franklin Area Historical Society
The Franklin Area Historical Society (FAHS) was established in 1965 to preserve the history of the City of Franklin and the area. This is accomplished through a variety of publications, including our newsletter, as well as the collections and exhibitions of objects of local historical importance in the Harding Museum and the Log Post Office museum.
Our Mission: The mission of the Franklin Area Historical Society is the collection and preservation of objects and materials relating to the history of Franklin and Franklin Township, Ohio, and to disseminate knowledge of that history through educational programs, publications, tours and the operation of our Harding Museum and Log Post Office Museum.
FAHS welcomes new members. Questions? Contact us.
If you wish to be added to our e-mail list, please contact the webmaster.
FAHS is a past winner of the Franklin Area Chamber of Commerce's Eldridge Award for Historic Preservation.
Franklin was founded in 1796 by General William C. Schenck. Franklin had a post office as early as 1802 (under the Northwest Territory) with John N. C. Schenck as postmaster.
The community of 11,400 is part of Franklin Township, which has a total population of approximately 27,800. The local school district, Franklin City Schools, is highly rated by the Ohio Department of Education.
Franklin has an active Chamber of Commerce.
Franklin Area Historical Society | 302 Park Avenue |Franklin, OH 45005